· Music in General
· Folk Music - Played with Northern Brass Consort on LP's byStrawhead (And did some superb gigs too! - Sidmouth Folk Festival - Fylde Folk Festival - etc. etc.....)
· Early Music - was director of early music group "Musicall
Banquet" for several years (playing renaissance woodwind;
viol, harp cornett. sackbutt etc.etc.)
· Member of Dulcian Wind Quintet
· France - was member of "Waldhorn quartette" (based in
Limoges) and chamber orchestras in the Dordogne region. -
2nd Horn, L'Orchestre de Chambre de la Vesere.
· Decent Beer (preferably bought by someone else)
· Decent food: not like Julia's - she burns everything (Julia once brought us a meal of black sausages - she had “lost” the mushrooms somewhere between the kitchen and the dining room).
· Anglo-Saxon history (especially 10th Century)
"From Blackdown to Chorley - by way of North Africa, El Alamein
The second world war memories of Ronald Yates 2nd RHA from theday he was called up to the day he came home (By way of the North African desert, Italy, and, after the war, Germany)